Depending how it is written, the description you write for your group will either draw a person to connect with the group or become a turn-off. Put thought into your description so that it is warm and informative.
Add a personal touch and avoid wording that people don’t understand (so readers don’t feel like outsiders).
The description should:
• Clarify for the reader what type of person your group might appeal to
• Be inviting to people who don’t have a church background
• Include a sentence or two about the purpose of the group or what you’d like to accomplish
• If applicable, explain the content the group uses (such as curriculum or discussion of Pastors' message)
• Clarify how the group handles childcare (if the group is open to adults who may have children)